“Don’t Tax My Credit Union” is a national campaign working to make sure Congress doesn’t take away the credit union tax exemption status. If that exemption is removed, credit unions all over the country, including Parkside, will begin to be largely taxed. For every $1 in new taxes on credit unions, the government would take out $10 in benefits to credit union members. This tax would affect you, our member, the most. There isn’t any voting or bills being introduced yet, but we all need to work together to prevent the idea even coming on the table. We strongly encourage you to stand up and fight.
You can write your local legislators by:
- 1. Go to www.donttaxmycreditunion.org/take-action/
- 2. Click on “New? Register here” on the right side of the screen
- 3. Fill in your information and all required lines
- 4. Type in “Parkside” when asked for your credit union name
- 5. Select to send either an email or a letter to your local representatives
- 6. Use the subject line “Don’t Tax My Credit Union”
- 7. Submit
We thank you for your involvement and support.